Thursday, October 2, 2025

Exit Slip (September 25th)

    In this class, I had so much fun attempting to make ropes with different materials. On my first try, it was hard to deal with the small parts to stick out when I wove in a new piece, but learned that I can twist it into the other strand to prevent this from happening. While I learned through practice, I noticed that the dandelion and the thin strips were easier to turn into a rope, compared to the corn husk that was thicker and shorter. 

    Through our activity with the colour palettes, I slowly realized how natural things (ex. the sky, plants, etc.) don't have a single colour that fit its true colour, while man-made objects (ex. wagon, tent, clothes, etc.) have uniform colour. Even though I took a grey-toned sky blue colour, expecting that it will match with the sky, it didn't match well because a large area of the sky was more grey than blue. However, objects like the wagon and the tent seemed to fit with the colour palette very well due to their uniformity in colour. I enjoyed seeing everyone's snapshots after class, and it was a great method to make ourselves observe our environment closely with detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment