Sunday, October 12, 2025

Exit Slip (October 2nd)

When I think of geometric shapes and functions, I probably visualize them in their simplest math form. If said a "circle", then I would picture it as the simple 2D circle, rather than picturing the form of a clock or a hula hoop. However, this class was interesting since we all had a chance to brainstorm where we see these shapes, as well as how the concept of shapes arise in the world as a verb rather than a noun.

Action words like circling words with a pen are commonly heard, but there are other things like ellipsing, which could be a way we can say to omit words/phrases, or hyperboling, which could explain the unique movement of cars merging to a lane and back out, or a crowd of people exiting though one door and spreading out after (This last idea is from Danielle's group). My group brainstormed a variety of examples where we see these shapes, like an ice cream cone, hourglass, race track, etc, and had lots of fun discussing while drawing them out on the white board! Drawing is always fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment